THE BURRARD VALENTINE’S GIVEAWAY 2019
OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The Burrard’s Valentine’s Contest commences at 12:00 pm (PST) on January 15, 2019 and concludes at 12:00 am (PST) on February 10, 2019. This giveaway is brought to you by 1100 Burrard Holdings Ltd, dba The Burrard (The Burrard is referred to as the “Giveaway Sponsor”).
2. The Giveaway is open to everyone who has reached the age of majority at the time of entering the contest and has a valid Facebook account. No purchase is necessary to be eligible for the giveaway prize.
3. To enter the contest, individuals must comment on the Contest Post on The Burrard’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/133478310005285/posts/2337138956305865/) with an appropriate answer to the giveaway question and then also confirm their entry via Facebook Messenger. Entrants must also provide their email address and phone number to be used for purposes of contacting them should they be named a potential winner of the contest.
4. Notwithstanding the above, the giveaway is not open to individuals associated with the giveaway, including the employees, agents or representatives of the Giveaway Sponsor (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Giveaway (collectively, the Excluded Individuals”). This Giveaway is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
5. The prize includes two nights accommodation (double occupancy) at The Burrard in downtown Vancouver, BC in a King room, plus complimentary parking for the same two nights. The prize is valid from the date of being awarded to April 30, 2019 and is subject to availability and cannot be used during any Canadian Statutory Holiday periods. The prize cannot be exchanged, transferred, or substituted for cash. The winner has to respect the validity dates of the giveaway. No extensions are permitted. It is the winner’s and his/her guest’s responsibility to provide for any additional expenses not included in the prize as described herein, including, but not limited to all incidentals, meals, insurance (ie. health, travel, car) gratuities, taxis and transportation, and hotel accommodation between the winner’s home and The Burrard.
PRIZE WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
6. One winner will be randomly drawn from all entries received at approximately 12:00 pm on February 10, 2019.
7. In order to be declared a winner, a potential winner must be in compliance with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and, in particular, the following:
7.1 The potential winner will be contacted via Facebook Messenger as well as the provided email address and and phone number, and an announcement will be made via Facebook Messenger on February 10, 2019. The potential winner will have 48 hours to respond and claim their prize.
7.2 The potential winner must be of legal age as expressed in paragraph 2.
7.3 The potential winner must correctly answer, unaided and within a set timeframe, a mathematical skill testing question administered by an employee of The Burrard via Facebook Messenger or email.
8. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Official Giveaway Rules and Regulations, The Burrard reserves the right to retract the Giveaway prize and randomly select another winner until a winner is finally declared.
9. The declared winner consents to the Giveaway Sponsor’s use of his/her name, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity or programming purposes, in all media, without remuneration, throughout the world in perpetuity.
10. Participants will not be individually contacted, except for potential winners, who will be contacted through Facebook Messenger.
11. The decisions of The Burrard are final. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Official Giveaway Rules and Regulations or any decision rendered by The Burrard, the decision or interpretation of The Burrard shall prevail.
12. The Giveaway Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by The Burrard and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes.
13. The Burrard reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate this Giveaway at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
14. By participating in the Giveaway, each participant agrees to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules and Regulations, which are subject to change without notice to the Giveaway participants individually, and each participant releases the Giveaway Sponsor, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the participants participation in the Giveaway or the use of any prize.
15. The Giveaway is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
16. The Giveaway and these Official Giveaway Rules and Regulations shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the courts sitting in Vancouver, British Columbia.
17. All entries become the sole property of, and are subject to verification by The Burrard. Any entry that is illegible, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. The use of any automated equipment to participate in this Contest is prohibited
18. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Official Giveaway Rules and Regulations, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Giveaway Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future giveaways by The Burrard.
19. The Giveaway Sponsor assume no responsibility for: entries lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected, or for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”.
1100 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y7
The information you provide, including name and contact information, will not be sold or distributed in any manner and will be used solely by The Burrard. The Burrard reserves the right to use all participants’ images including, but not limited to, Facebook profile images. The Burrard reserves the right to post said images on the theburrard.com website, when announcing winners. Participation in the contest is entirely voluntary.
By accepting and/or using prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, voice and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law and upon request will provide such consent in writing.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to a complete release of Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to The Burrard and not to Facebook.