As British Columbia cautiously opens up to non-essential travel, we’re looking forward to welcoming you to The Burrard. The experience at the hotel will be a little different from before, as we’ve put in place new procedures and protocols to limit the spread of COVID-19, and keep our guests, staff and community safe and healthy.
Here’s what you can expect when you stay with us.
– To respect physical distancing requirements, you’ll need to stay at least 2 metres (6 feet) from other parties in all areas on the property. This includes in the lobby, stairwell, parkade, corridors and the courtyard. If you’re concerned that you won’t be able to maintain a proper distance, we ask that you wear a mask.
– We’ve increased the regularity of cleaning and disinfecting on the property, both private rooms and public areas, focusing on all high-touch points — for instance, handrails, elevator buttons, and door handles.
– We use cleaning supplies from Ecolab, an international leader in hygiene. The products that we use in bathrooms and for cleaning hard surfaces will kill COVID-19, as will the laundry products that we use.
– In our guest rooms, we are rigorously cleaning and disinfecting the entire room, including the floors. Additionally, we pay special attention to disinfecting high-touch points within the room such door handles, light switches, the TV remote, and taps and handles in the bathroom. At the end of your stay, pillows and all linens are stripped from the room for cleaning, regardless of whether they have been used.
– We have removed all decorative pillows and soft furnishings that are not able to be regularly cleaned to higher standards. Additionally, items such as bottled water and coffee/tea-making items are no longer provided in the room in order to maintain control over how many people have handled these items. Instead, you’ll receive these items when you check in.
– We won’t be offering in-room housekeeping services during your stay, so that you can ensure that you’re the only person in your room while you’re with us. Of course, at your request, we’ll bring you fresh linens, extra towels, coffee pods or bottles of water.
– If we can’t check you in right away, you’ll need to stand at least 2 metres from other parties while you wait. Once it’s your turn, our team will check you in from behind the plexiglass screen. For contact tracing purposes, we’re required to collect full contact details from you when you check-in. Any items you use (e.g. a pen, credit card terminal, your own credit card etc.) will be disinfected between guests, as will your room key.
– Along with your room key, you’ll be provided with bottled water, and tea and coffee-making items that you need.
OTHER HOTEL AMENITIES
– If you need to store your luggage with us either at the beginning or end of your stay, we’ll make sure that this is done safely, disinfecting all touch points, such as handles.
– We hope you’ll get the chance to enjoy our courtyard, but please make sure that you keep a proper distance from other parties. All furniture and the ping pong table and equipment are regularly disinfected throughout the day.
– Cycling around Vancouver in the open air is a great way to see our city! Our bikes are free for guest to use and are disinfected between uses, as are helmets and locks.
The risk in Vancouver and British Columbia remains low, but we will not become complacent. We will continue to monitor and follow guidelines being issued by the BC Centre for Disease Control, the Government of Canada, and the World Health Organization to keep you safe so you have peace of mind during your stay with us.
Thank you for considering our hotel for your time in Vancouver, and please reach out to us if you have any other questions about our protocols.
The team at The Burrard